Re: Oops when accessing /dev/fd0 (kernel 2.4.7 and devfsd 1.3.11)

From: Steve Hill (steve@navaho.co.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 05:48:02 EST

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> > I've noticed kernels 2.4.7, 2.4.8 and 2.4.9 can oops when modprobing
> > floppy.o under certain circumstances (specifically I've noticed it when
>
> floppy.o crashes the box or prints bad things if there is no floppy
> controller. I've not yet had time to investigate

Ok - it's no big problem, I just don't compile it as a module now (the
kernel is used on both boxes with floppy and without, so it needs to be
there, but I have no problem with compiling it into the kernel - it
doesn't seem to break, just says "no floppy controller present" on the
floppy-less boxes.)

--

- Steve Hill System Administrator Email: steve@navaho.co.uk Navaho Technologies Ltd. Tel: +44-870-7034015

... Alcohol and calculus don't mix - Don't drink and derive! ...