Re: PROBLEM: usb not working with 2.4.8-ac8

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 16:59:10 EST

> usb stopped working. I'm using an usb mouse (MS Intellimouse Explorer).
> The mouse is not getting initialized at boot. Reconnecting does not
> help either.
> Board is an ASUS P2B (Intel BX chipset)
> Processor is a Celeron 433A (In slotket adapter)

Looks like the change int he usb_start_wait_urb code is a problem.

I suspect either you need to add wmb() and rmb() to stop misoptimisations
on done (along with making it (!timeout && !awd.done)

Or

there is a signal related problem - if so making it set the state
to TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE might cure it