Re: Qlogic/FC firmware

From: Jes Sorensen (jes@sunsite.dk)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 08:31:05 EST

>>>>> "David" == David S Miller <davem@redhat.com> writes:

David> Who removed it from the 2.4.x driver recently, and why?

David> I've been playing around, accidently corrupting my firmware a
David> few times, and had to grab the firmware back from older trees
David> to make my qlogic,FC card usable again.

David> Removing the firmware makes no sense, if the firmware was
David> incorrect for some reason, simply correct it.

Alan did after I pointed out to him that it was incompatible with the
GPL (BSD license with advertisement clause). Really hard to fix unless
you get QLogic to change the license for you.

Jes