Re: massive filesystem corruption with 2.4.9

From: Kristian (kristian@korseby.net)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 05:14:14 EST

Christian Widmer wrote:
> i had similar problems with 2.4.6. unfortunately i didn't save the errors so
> i can't compare the msg's. i just can say that with 2.4.6 it destroyed the
> ext2 on a 40GB and 60GB maxtor disk. since then my nfs server is running
> 2.2.19 with works fine (with minor promblems*).
>
> * after a client mounted an exprots once. i cant unmount that partition on
> the server after the client unmounted the exports.

I have several entries more in my logfile. It would be no problem collecting
them if that is helpful. I forgot to say that I'm using an IBM 41 GB (hda:
IBM-DTLA-305040, ATA DISK drive) and that this problem only occurs on my
root-partition (hda5), the always mounted /boot-Partition (hda1) and partially
mounted misc-Partition (hda7) are not effected.

I don't use any NFS.

Kristian

                          :: http://www.korseby.net
                          :: http://www.tomlab.de