Re: Kernel suggestion

From: Jim Roland (jroland@roland.net)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 03:11:10 EST

What software are you trying to use to burn a CD?

Release notes on the XCDRoast website said that since direct ATAPI support
for CDROM drives aren't included anymore (author said there was no point),
to enable ide-scsi for your drives. I have had to do this to see all of my
drives. Append this string at your LILO boot prompt (assuming hdc is your
CDRW drive and hdb is your CDROM reader):
    hdb=ide-scsi hdc=ide-scsi

If it works, use it in your append= statement in your /etc/lilo.conf (in the
section for your default linux config).

Regards,
Jim Roland, RHCE