Re: aic7xxx errors with 2.4.8-ac7 on 440gx mobo

From: Cliff Albert (cliff@oisec.net)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 16:09:10 EST

> > > Can you send me the full messages when you boot with "aic7xxx=verbose"?
> > > That should help indicate the source of your problems. I also
> > > need to see the devices that are attached to the bus, so a full dmesg
> > > from a successful boot with the old driver would be helpful.
> >
> > Well booting is successful on my board, but the same errors that almost
> > everyone is getting are the same i'm getting. I just turned on verbose.
> >
> > Most debugging info i already send to the linux-kernel mailinglist, i'll
> > forward it on to you. The verbose info will be send also in about a few
> > hours.
>
> And here they are, the dmesg is my bootup dmesg with the devices drivers
> and stuff, and the second dmesg is the actual errors (verbose turned on)

Some more research pointed out that the errors/lock of the scsi bus always
appears about 20 seconds after kernel load when i cold boot the machine.
With a warm boot the machine gives these errors/lock at random times.

--
Cliff Albert		ripe:  CA3348-RIPE 	IPng: IPv6 Deployment
cliff@ipng.nl		6bone: CA2-6BONE	http://www.ipng.nl/