reiserfs question

From: lk@Aniela.EU.ORG
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 09:51:27 EST

Hi,

I run slackware-linux 8.0 and when I restart my box without issuing the
halt command, I see the following message when the kernel boots:

reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 03:01) ...
Warning, log replay starting on readonly filesystem
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.6.25
VFS: Mounted root (reiserfs filesystem) readonly.
Mounted devfs on /dev
Freeing unused kernel memory: 184k freed
Adding Swap: 100796k swap-space (priority -1)

My question is: why does it says "Warning...." ? The boot scripts are the
ones installed by slackware installer by default. Is the root filesystem
supposed to be mounted read/write at boot (i ask this because when I had
an ext2 partition it was mounted first readonly, and then readwrite) ?

Regards,