Is there something that can be done against this ???

From: Mircea Ciocan (mirceac@interplus.ro)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 13:56:37 EST

        The attached piece of script kiddie shit is the first one that worked
flawlessly on my Mandrake box :((( ( kernel 2.4.7ac2, glibc-2.2.3 ),
instant root access !!!.
        I was stunned, and it seem that is the beginning of a Linux Code Red
lookalike worm :(((( using that exploit, probably this is not the most
apropriate place to send this, but I'm not subscribed to the glibc
mailing list and I just hope that some glibc hackers are on linux kernel
list also and they see that and do something before we join the ranks of
M$.

                Dead worried,

                Mircea C.

P.S. Please tell me that I'm just being parnoid and that crap didn't
work on your systems with a lookalike configuration.