Re: Linux 2.4.7-ac10

From: Scott M. Hoffman (scott1021@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 15:06:48 EST

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 at 13:49 -0600 Jeff Hartmann wrote:

> Scott M. Hoffman wrote:
> > I had wondered if the 4.0 code was interferring with the 4.1 code
> > and causing my segfaults.
>
> Its either or here. You can have the 4.1 kernel modules OR the 4.0
> kernel modules. Not both.
>

> > Anyway, with ac11 I still get segfaults trying to glxinfo or glxgears.
> >

> > Scott Hoffman
>
> What version of XFree are you running?
> What video card?
> Which version of the drm did you pick (new or old)?
> Has the drm worked in this configuration before?
> Does the Xserver say that the DRM is enabled?
> Could you post the Xserver log?
> Could you post a gdb backtrace of the segfault?
> Have you run these programs with the environment variable
> 'LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose'? Is it finding the correct 3d client side driver?
>
> Its kind hard to help someone when they just say things are broken. I
> need more information to help you.
>
> -Jeff

Ahh,
  Sorry for the ambiguity.
X is 4.1.0 from binaries from XFree86.org for glibc22
3dfx Voodoo 3000 AGP
DRM 4.1
Direct rendering has worked but glxinfo has caused things such as X crash.
>From 'gdb -c core':
  GNU gdb 5.0rh-5 Red Hat Linux 7.1
  This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux".
  Core was generated by `glxinfo'.
  #0 0x4059fd7b in ?? ()
  (gdb) bt
  #0 0x4059fd7b in ?? ()
  #1 0x401c2469 in ?? ()
  #2 0x44800008 in ?? ()

[scott@ scott]$ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
libGL: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so
libGL: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Scott Hoffman