Re: Duplicate console output to a RS232C and keep keyb where it is

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 13:43:00 EST

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 04:01:28PM +0200, Frank Torres wrote:
> > This is not valid. You cannot reasonably have parity and 8 bits. One
> > of them has to go. Either use 8 bits and no parity or 7 bits with
> > parity.

All standard 16550 family ports support 8 bits _and_ parity. Ancient
serial ports did have a restriction, but that restriction is no more.

> All showed wrong or no characters in the display. It only worked with 8,
> parity on, parity odd, stop b. (also with no stop b.)

You actually mean 2 stop bits. (There is _always_ one stop bit).

I read your first mail, but couldn't really grasp the details of your
problem.

Are you trying to direct console _output_ to ttyS2 and the VGA card, yet
still accept input from the PS/2 keyboard? And then when you try to set
this up, you get garbled characters via ttyS2?

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux