Re: PCMCIA control I82365 stops working with 2.4.4

From: bvermeul@devel.blackstar.nl
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 14:42:19 EST

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Jussi Laako wrote:

> Russell King wrote:
> >
> > Use the yenta module instead of the i82365 module.
>
> Kills (deadlocks) my Toshiba Satellite when loaded as module (complains
> about missing interrupts). When built into kernel it just complains but
> doesn't lockup the machine.
>
> Older kernels/pcmcia-cs i82365 was working fine. (2.2.x and early 2.4.x)
>
> I should have stayed with RedHat 6.2, but I wanted journaling filesystem...
>
> Maybe I'm doing something wrong but dunno what.

Try going to your bios and setting the PCMCIA adapter to Cardbus/16bit
instead of Auto. The Toshiba Topic chipsets are buggy, change their PCI
identifiers with different bios settings, and are just a plain pain in the
ass to get working. Then use the yenta driver (preferrably in kernel), and
I think you will find it works now. :)

Bas Vermeulen, who has had some bad experiences with Toshiba laptops. And
it's impossible to get specs for em too.

--
"God, root, what is difference?"
	-- Pitr, User Friendly

"God is more forgiving." -- Dave Aronson