Oops in sound.o

From: Boris Pisarcik (boris@boris.localdomain)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 19:29:13 EST

                       Hi !

I've got the OOPS several times when i run sndconfig on my pure
2.4.7 kernel. The 2 my soundcards (SB32 and SB128PCI rev.8) were already
well configured and their apropriate modules loaded when i run this
command.

What seems strange to me are those warnings of symbol mischmatch (see
appended files). I thought i maight somehow mix up the System.map with
kernel, so i deleted whole kernel source three, untarred 2.4.0,
applied patches 2.4.1 through 2.4.7 (no warnings), copied .config
( included as attachement), run make menuconfig, then classic
sequence : make dep && make clean && make bzImage && make modules &&
make modules_install. So that's why i expected those warnings will
disappear but didn't happen.

I include several relevant files tarred together in archive as attachement
If more info needed, my email is : boris@acheron.sk (i'm not currently
subscribed)