Re: curedump configuration additions

From: Michael Miller (michaelm@mjmm.org)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 18:12:56 EST

Hi.

I have added

kernel.coredump_suid_enabled

which will allow the generation of core dumps for SUID processes. (Defaults
to off).

Also I changed the default logging to off, as suggested to avoid
a posible DOS.

Finally I have changed the logging messages to include EUID and EGID if
different from UID/GID.

I am keen to try to create a similar feature set to Solaris's coreadm,
but at this stage I am not sure of how would be best to go about doing this...

Adding a
  /proc/${PID}/coredump
file perhaps- the the kernel source seems to indicate this would be a bad
thing to do...

Try to implement some new syscalls perhaps? That sounds quite complex to
me... Also, would involve using a usermode program to interface... I'd
prefer being able to cat something into /proc

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

attached please find the new patch i

(PS: is an attachment prefered or simply put the patch in the message?)
Mike