Re: [Solved ?] Re: pcmcia problems after upgrading from 2.4.3-ac7 to 2.4.4

From: Wayne.Brown@altec.com
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 13:34:31 EST

The thing that confused me here was the help text in menuconfig. The help for
CONFIG_I82365 says, "Say Y here to include support for PCMCIA and CardBus host
bridges that are register compatible with the Intel i82365 and/or the Yenta
specification: this includes virtually all modern PCMCIA bridges." Also, the
help text for both this option and CONFIG_CARDBUS say, "If unsure, say Y," so I
selected both of them. It wasn't until Jeff Garzik set me straight recently
that I began disabling CONFIG_I82365 and using CONFIG_CARDBUS alone.

Wayne

David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org> on 05/07/2001 03:58:00 AM