Re: scripts/Configure patch for automatic module compile

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 01:48:02 EST

On Mon, 7 May 2001 00:34:13 -0600,
Maciek Nowacki <maciek@Voyager.powersurfr.com> wrote:
>If you're like me, you build everything as modules, boot with an initrd that
>loads in the disk or net driver and filesystem module, and then let kmod take
>care of the rest. Here's a patch that changes Configure (make config) to
>build all possible modules - in other words, to answer 'M' for every tristate
>of some form y/m/n.

I already have a patch from Ghozlane Toumi in my inbox that supports:

make randconfig
  answers randomly to the questions .

make allyes
  answers 'yes' to all questions .

make allno
  answers 'no' to all questions .

make allmod
  answer 'm' if avaiable, 'yes' else .

Plus you can specify defaults in .force_default which will always be
honoured. I have been using it to stress test the 2.4.4 configs and my
2.5 makefile rewrite, it works very nicely.