Re: Athlon possible fixes

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw@f00f.org)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 08:00:22 EST

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 01:51:59PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

    prefetch is virtually addresses. An application would need access
    to /dev/mem or similar. So the only folks I think it might
    actually bite are the Xserver people.

depends, maybe it depends on what part of the northbridge it
traverses, so it may only affect RAM and not PCI/AGP memory

it should be possible to write a test program that uses /dev/mem to
test for this is someone has a buggy MB (or wants to send me one,
I'll gladly do it -- my MBs work perfect it seems)

  --cw