Re: PROBLEM: 2.4.5pre1 will not boot

From: Seth Goldberg (bergsoft@home.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 22:05:14 EST

Gordon Sadler wrote:

> On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 01:28:23AM -0700, Seth Goldberg wrote:Seth Goldberg <bergsoft@home.com>
> > Gordon Sadler wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Have you tried compiling ther kernel with Athlon optimiztions turned

> I've seen some others reporting some success with K6-II[I] or
> Pentium-II[I] configurations. I haven't tried it here as 2.2.19 is
> running fine for me. -) I just keep trying the new 2.4.x and reporting
> here with hopes someone will find the problem and be able to resolve it.
> There could very well be something wrong with my/our hardware. I'm at a
> loss as to why none of the developers can reproduce this? Is it possible
> none of the 'core' developers have/have access to this hardware? It
> isn't all that unusual I think.

  Yep. I think it's just the fact that the KT133A chipset is so new
that
very few people have it. And of the people who have it, I think a great
majority are running on distributions of Linux whose kernels are
NOT athlon optimized.

  I'd like to ask everyone who has a KT133A to please try a 2.4.x kernel
with Athlon optimizations and let us know what percentage are displaying
this problem.

  Thank you!
  --Seth