Setting kernel options at compile time.

From: Chip Schweiss (chip@innovates.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 17:16:22 EST

I'm trying to get a 2.2.19 kernel loaded on an i810 system using RPLD on
a diskless system. I can get the kernel loaded and running. The
problem is the i810 needs the kernel parameter "mem=xxxM" set to tell
the kernel how much memory the system has since the on the i810 the
kernel doesn't know how much was taken for video.

The catch I'm running into is RPLD cannot pass parameters to the kernel
and without this setting the system has video problem, most likely from
the memory sharing issues. When the mem parameter is set when using a
disk it doesn't demonstrate any problems.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to compile in this setting.

Thanks,
Chip Schweiss