Re: added a new feature: disable pc speaker

From: Oystein Viggen (oysteivi@tihlde.org)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 15:18:16 EST

Quoth Nico Schottelius:

> Can somebody give me a hint where to find documentation about
> sysctl and howto use/program that ?
> This is what Simon and David suggested.
>
> But as long as I am not able to make sysctl's, I would like
> to add this feature under the General setup.
>
> What do you think ?

A sysctl would be a lot nicer for distributions, as one could ship a
standard nosound setup and letting people enable it in rc.sysctl or
whatever. This would save you from hearing the clueless users who just
installed linux (RH 7.2 :) for the first time going *beep* *beep* *beep*
for hours.

For people who compile their own kernels, a compile time option should
be quite enough, though.

Oystein

--
This message was generated by a flock of happy penguins.