close()

From: Mike Harrold (mharrold@cas.org)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 09:44:53 EST

Hi,

We have a server which runs on a machine that now runs the new 2.4 kernel.
Since upgrading we've seen periods where it seems to just hang for minutes
at a time (anywhere form 5 minutes to an hour). I was finally able to get
a core dump of the server during one of these periods and it appears that
the hang is occuring during a call to close().

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Kernel version is:

  Linux version 2.4.2-4GB (root@Pentium.suse.de)

Thanks,

/Mike