RE: [BUG] freeze Alpha ES40 SMP 2.4.4.ac3, another TCP/IP Problem ? ( was 2.4.4 kernel crash , possibly tcp related )

From: Cabaniols, Sebastien (Sebastien.Cabaniols@Compaq.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 12:53:24 EST

> Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 06:16:02PM +0200, Cabaniols,
> Sebastien wrote:
> > > The only thing that does not work under load is the
> network.... TCP/IP ?
> >
> > My alpha is running 2.4.4aa3 under very high load (apache
> beaten from ab
> > in loop via 100mbit switched network [tulip on the alpha]
> plus cerberus)
> > and I didn't had any problem so far (it only deadlocked
> with OOM after
> > one day of day of tux [instead of apache] + cerberus
> regression testing
> > but that's only because of a memleak in tux that I
> reproduced on x86 too
> > it seems)

Andrea,

Do you think I should install exactly the same version 2.4.4aa3 instead
of 2.4.4.ac3 with the TCP patch ?

What else can I try to find where my bug is ?

I have DE600 boards too but from the last stress tests I did a few days ago
it was
freezing my system but I suspect this was another story, I then switched to
3com950b
because this is a very well known board and I was suspecting it could help a
lot
to standardize my system.

I also used DE504 with the de4x5 driver and it was again crashing my system.

I did not used the tulip driver though ( :( )

Again, thanks a lot for any help