Solution - AMI megaraid driver doesn't work with Linux 2.4.x kernels

From: Rafael Martinez (rafael@viewpoint.no)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 10:37:13 EST

Hei

The Ami megatrends driver (at least for 471, 475, and 493) does not work
with 2.4.x kernels.

The solution we got from Ami is to update the firmware of these cards to
version FW G158. This update will fix all the problems with ami
raid-devices in 2.4.x kernel without changing the driver.

We don't know when AMI will release a fixed firmware (hope soon) but we got it by
e-mail. If there is anybody with the same problem I can sent the
firmware-update by mail.

Sincerely
Rafael Martinez