Re: PROBLEM: 2.4.4 oops, will not boot

From: Gordon Sadler (gbsadler1@lcisp.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 03:38:00 EST

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 04:34:32PM +1000, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Gordon Sadler wrote:

> > > Unfortunately the ksymoops output doesn't show the call trace.
> > > Can you please try again? A reproducable oops is, err, rather
> > > important. The syntax to feed into ksymoops is
> > >
> > > Call Trace: [<c0111234>] [<c0123456>] ...
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > Right, I see the problem now.. s/Calltrace/Call Trace/
> >
> > Reran oops through ksymoops with change to Call Trace, output attached.
>
> Ugh. Something seems to have corrupted your slab cache
> data structures, so this will be real hard to pin down.
>
> You could try setting DEBUG to 1 in mm/slab.c, see if
> that catches the culprit.

As requested.. changed config in one way, removed nvidia
framebuffer/replaced with vesa fb. After changeing DEBUG -> 1 in
mm/slab.c it produced 3 EIPs. I rebooted to 2.2.19, copied by hand, and
ran through ksymoops. The attached tar is the .config, hand copy of 3
EIPs, and the ouput from ksymoops.

HTH

Gordon Sadler