Re: unsigned long ioremap()?

From: C.Praveen (cpraveen@cs.iastate.edu)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 02:29:28 EST

I apologize for ccing this to people not on the kernel list too, but i
hope the more expert heads, the better ...

Can i do a

if (softirq_active(cpu) & softirq_mask(cpu))
    {
        do_softirq();
    }

at the end of smp_apic_timer_interrupt ? i mean

smp_apic_timer_interrupt ()
{
  irq_enter
  All it does normally.
  irq_exit
  if (softirq_active(cpu) & softirq_mask(cpu))
  {
        do_softirq();
  }
}

My understanding is that smp_apic_timer_interrupt is very similar to
do_IRQ but it knows which function to call already,
and since the do_IRQ does this at the end of its execution, it
should be ok here too. Am i ok in doing this ? basically the function
smp_apic_timer_interrupt activates a tasklet, that i would like done here
at this point, executed as a tasklet itself. If this is not ok, can
someone suggest something for acheiving this ?

Thanks for any help!

CP