RE: DPT I2O RAID and Linux I2O

From: Patrick Allaire (patrick.allaire@isaacnewtontech.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 16:11:35 EST

If I understand correctly, some vendor would put I2O messaging hardware but
they would use it in a non-standard way ? So, if they dont support the I2O
protocol with their hardware, I will have to do it in another way...

Is there a simple way to find out if my device support I2O protocol ? Maybe
its written in the BAR or in the CSR, but does linux find those devices
automaticly ? or do I have to do it in my module ? If I must do it myself,
do you know any device that is doing something like I do ? so I could look
at the code.

Thank again.