Re: serial console problems with 2.4.4

From: Fabrice Gautier (gautier@email.enst.fr)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 06:15:05 EST

On Wed, 02 May 2001 11:54:11 +0200
Reto Baettig <baettig@scs.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just installed 2.4.4 on our alpha SMP boxes (ES40) and now I have
> problems with the serial console:

I get same kind of problem when upgrading from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3 and using
busybox as init/getty

The problem was a bug in busybox. The console initialisation code was
not correct.

> sulogin does not accept input from the serial line
> mingetty does not accept input from the serial line
> agetty works fine

So this this probably a sulogin/mingetty problem. They should set the
CREAD flag in your tty c_cflag.

the patch for busybox repalced the line
        tty.c_cflag |= HUPCL|CLOCAL
by