RE: Linux NAT questions- (kernel upgrade??)

From: Sim, CT (Chee Tong) (CheeTong.Sim@sin.rabobank.com)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 05:14:50 EST

Hi.. I follow your instruction, but I encounter this issue, my kernel need
to be upgrade? MAy I know how to determine the current kernel version and
how to upgrade it??

[root@guava /root]# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dst 1.1.1.160 -i
eth1 -j D
NAT --to-destination 192.168.200.2
iptables v1.1.1: can't initialize iptables table `nat': iptables who? (do
you need to insm
od?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

[root@guava simc]# rpm -ivh iptables-1_2_0-6_i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        kernel >= 2.4.0 is needed by iptables-1.2.0-6