ioctl call for network device

From: sébastien person (sebastien.person@sycomore.fr)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 03:08:16 EST

Hi,

I've succeed to do an ioctl call and recept it in my module

ioctl(file_descriptor, cmd, struct ifreq)

but I believe that I'm oblige to use the struct ifreq and I can't
pass any other arguments because an user can't acces kernel space
so the ioctl call recopy data in the kernel space (this is what I've
understood, maybe I'm wrong ...).

My problem is that I need to pass some int arguments (the best way was an
int* ) but the struct ifreq doesn't permit me it, so could I add other
arguments as we can do in an normal ioctl call ?

I hope this is the wrong place for this question.

sebastien person