Re: iso9660 endianness cleanup patch

From: Tim Riker (Tim@Rikers.org)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 04:52:07 EST

hpa,

I'd remove the __BIG_ENDIAN test cases if I were you. Having written
many a iso9660 decoder I will tell you that the "required" bi-endian
implementation is sometimes broken as many vendors only test CDs with a
certain single endian OS. I've seen these set to 0s, or -1 or just a
copy of the le data byte for byte. I opened many a bug report with the
different CD formatting software vendors, some fixed them, many didn't
care. The extra savings does not justify the hassles IMHO.

The other changes look great!

Tim

--
Tim Riker - http://rikers.org/ - short SIGs! <g>
All I need to know I could have learned in Kindergarten