3-Ware Raid driver fails to update GenDisk head

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@vger.timpanogas.org)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 13:08:52 EST

Andre/LKML,

I am still working on this, but would appreciate some help from
whomever owns this driver proper. I have discovered that the
3Ware drivers are not updating the gendisk_head with devices
reported and exposed to user space as /dev/sda, sdb, etc. The
adapter driver does correctly report devices to user space, but
is not properly reflecting these devices in the gendisk_head,
which makes it rather hard for kernel level drivers to scan
and determine which devices are attached to the controller.

I attempted to correct this in the code, but found that these
changes are a very significant effort to get working.

Please advise.

Jeff