Re: Inspiron 8000 does not resume after suspend

From: Daniel Dorau (woodst@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 05:02:21 EST

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 21:45:37 -0500, Mick_Tantasirikorn@Dell.com wrote:
> Try turning off DRI in XF86Config-4.
>
> Please let me know if this helps.

Yes, removing agpgart gives me back earlier behaviour: The notebook
wakes up after suspending with following restrictions:

1. Internal NIC and maybe even modem do not wakeup
   (kernel: eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!)
   Can be temporarily fixed by restoring PCI settings with
   setpci ... (script found on linux-kernel in february)
   and ifdown eth0; ifup eth0

2. I can not use DRI since it doesn't wake up then (agpgart loaded)

3. When running X (4.0.2) mouse is jumping around after resume
   and needs to be reset by switching to console and back to X

4. Keyboard repeat-rate is slowed down after resume

Is there a way to have at least 1.+2. fixed? Is this a problem
with Dell's BIOS or Linux?

Thanks,
Daniel