Re: Linux 2.4.3-ac12

From: John Cavan (johnc@damncats.org)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 19:19:58 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> > > Using /lib/modules/2.4.3-ac12/kernel/drivers/char/drm/radeon.o
> > > /lib/modules/2.4.3-ac12/kernel/drivers/char/drm/radeon.o: unresolved
> > > symbol rwsem_up_write_wake
> > > /lib/modules/2.4.3-ac12/kernel/drivers/char/drm/radeon.o: unresolved
> > > symbol rwsem_down_write_failed
> >
> > Same thing with tdfx.o...
>
> "Works for me" as ever. What configuration options are you using. This sounds
> like some of the code is built with each kind of semaphore.

Mine is attached. I always run "make menuconfig", reconfirm my
selections (which haven't changed in ages), save it, and then run "make
dep" before building. I should note that I'm using a version of the DRI
from CVS from early April, but it has been perfectly happy until now. I
also tried it with the code in the kernel tree, same problem.

John