Re: 2.4.3+ sound distortion

From: Victor Julien (v.p.p.julien@xs4all.nl)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 12:47:13 EST

>We are still playing with the VIA fixups, but this may also be VM related.
I'm
>currently playing with several VM ideas, and potential fixes which might
>impact overall performance.
>
>Test 2.4.4pre6 that has the VIA fixes but does not have the VM changes

2.4.4-pre6 did only compile when I aplied the '__builtin_expect'-patch. It
crashed at boot however, when initializing my onboard raidcontroller
(PDC20265 on a MSI K7T Turbo-R). It seems to be the same problem as
reported by Manuel A. McLure. So no word yet about the sound
distortion-problem being fixed.

Victor Julien