Re: Linux 2.4.3-ac12

From: Dieter Nützel (Dieter.Nuetzel@hamburg.de)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 12:26:11 EST

> My belief however is that several million people have gcc 2.96-69+, about 50
> are likely to have random cvs snapshots and none of them are going to build
> kernels with them anyway, as they wont work __builtin_expect or otherwise.
>
> Alan

I will not add fuel to the fire, but isn't 2.4.XX the "stable" version?
And I think most people (here in Europe :-) are running 2.95.2 at the moment.
But, yes the previously patches fixed it.

Thanks,
        Dieter

--
Dieter Nützel
Graduate Student, Computer Science

University of Hamburg Department of Computer Science Cognitive Systems Group Vogt-Kölln-Straße 30 D-22527 Hamburg, Germany

email: nuetzel@kogs.informatik.uni-hamburg.de @home: Dieter.Nuetzel@hamburg.de - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/