Compile error-bug/typo?? kernel 2.4.4-pre6 patched 2.4.3 source.

From: Dave (darkmo0d@enlighten.wox.org)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 02:48:58 EST

I have been following the development of the 2.4.x kernel by patching my 2.4.x sources with the patches from ftp.kernel.org. I am currently using a fine kernel 2.4.4-pre4 with no problems, at both compile and runtimes. However, upon patching a fresh 2.4.3 source with patch-2.4.4-pre6.gz, it is the very first time I recieved an error in compile. I have migrated my .config from previous 2.4.x source dirs with every compile.

In any case, I don't know C++ and hardly anything other than the basics of building a kernel. I have built several with my current gcc 2.95.3 with no problen until pre6. I skipped pre5. I used the command 'zcat patch-2.4.4-pre6.gz | patch -p0' to patch the source. It's not a lib or other 'package" type prob as far as I can see..perhaps a typo or something??? I dunno, I hope the info I provide gets noticed and is sufficient. I am using the Slackware-current tree as the base for my install, very basic stuff from it, then most everything else is built from sources in an LFS fashion. Attached are my current .config and a make.log with both stdout and stderr outputs combined. Remember, I am currently on 2.4.4-pre4 so I don't think it is me.

darkmo0d@enlighten.wox.org
Dave :-)