Re: A question about MMX.

From: Tim Walberg (tewalberg@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 08:25:14 EST

MMX **is** potentially used in the md (RAID-5) code for parity
calculation, IIRC, though. That's about the only place that I
can think of that it's used, but I don't claim to know the
inner workings of the entire kernel, either...

                        tw

On 04/21/2001 13:55 +0300, lk@aniela.eu.org wrote:

>> I have a Intel Pentium MMX machine and it acts as a mailserver, webserver,
>> ftp and I use X on it. I would like to know if the MMX instructions are
>> used by the kernel in this operations or not (networking, X etc.).
>>

>> Thank you,
>>
>> /me
>>
>> -
>> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
>> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
End of included message

--
| Tim Walberg              | tewalberg@mediaone.net       |