Re: amiga affs support broken in 2.4.x kernels??

From: Mark Hounschell (markh@compro.net)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 07:09:06 EST

Roman Zippel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Mark Hounschell wrote:
>
> > Thanks, I can now mount affs filesystems. However when I try to write
> > to it via "cp somefile /amiga/somefile" I get a segmentation fault. If
> > I then do a "df -h" it hangs the system very much like the mount command
> > did before I installed your tar-ball. Was write support expected from
> > it.
>
> Yes, it should work.
> What sort of filesystem is it (ffs or ofs)? Did you check the dmesg
> output for an oops? Which kernel version did you use?
>
> > Are you the NEW maintainer of the affs stuff.
>
> Yes and as soon this problem is solved, I'm sending the changes to Linus
> and Alan.
>
> bye, Roman

Hello Roman,
 Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday afternoon. I was out of town.
 Attached is the output from dmesg and the relavent info from
/var/log/messages. I am using a vanilla 2.4.3 kernel with the
affs support compiled in. (No Modules). I beleive the filesystem is ffs
but not exactly sure. How do I tell?

Mark