2.4.2 pcnet32 routing trouble

From: Olaf Hering (olh@suse.de)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 11:46:49 EST

Hi,

there is a strange "routing" bug in the pcnet32 driver.
I have a 4port Ethernet card and 2 onboard connectors on an IBM B80
(pSeries 640). The machine is usualy connected via the onboard eth0
(10.10.3.21).

I can bring up the interfaces on the 4port card, in this case eth5
(10.10.11.145).
ping and telnet etc. works fine, but the counters for TX and RX are not
increased.
I tried eth1 (10.10.0.132) and plugged the cable from eth5 to eth1.
Same behaviour, only a few RX packets, the counter is appearently dead
after a while.
The interresting part is: I can still telnet to 10.10.11.145 even if the
port is not connected. That works also with eth1.

It seems that the whole traffic goes through eth0. Is this a bug in the
pcnet32 driver or the ppc implementation?

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS Main feature not yet implemented...