intercept key press

From: Kumar, Bharath (bharath.kumar@digital.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 05:57:33 EST

Hi !

  I am Bharath . I am using Red Hat 2.2
  I am looking for reasons rather than solution to my question.
  Is it possible to intercept the key press so that you can execute
  your own routine than a default routine for key press .
  For Eg : It is possible for you send what ever you type on keybord
  to log file then display it on console .
  If the answer is Yes please do tell me how to go about it .
  Any suggestions on this matter will be duly appreciated . I have not
subscribed
  to the list hence ,I kindly request to send your valuable suggestions by
CC ing to
  this mail-ID : bharath.kumar@digital.com

With regards
Bharath