Re: use the kernel to change an irq?

From: Tim Wright (timw@splhi.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 19:51:56 EST

They're sharing an IRQ because they're attached to the same interrupt line
on the motherboard. Nothing you can do in software is ever going to change
this. For most BX chipset motherboards I've seen, the AGP slot shares the
same interrupt as the first (i.e. physically closest) PCI slot. If you change
the IRQ for one, you just changed it for the other. If you don't want it to
share, you can't have anything in the other slot. Sounds like you're out of
luck :-(

Tim

--
Tim Wright - timw@splhi.com or timw@aracnet.com or twright@us.ibm.com
IBM Linux Technology Center, Beaverton, Oregon