Advansys SCSI driver old verson?

From: icabod (icabod@lump.mine.nu)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 15:37:59 EST

I've noticed a small problem that hinders me from updatingmy system to the
new 2.4 kernels. I'm using a PowerMac with a Advansys SCSI 3940UW card in
it running my drives. I've noticed that since the 2.4 kernel series the
advanasys driver s version 3.2M and the driver version that works for me
and came with the 2.2.17+ kernels at least workes fid with my card, that
version is 3.3D. I was wondering if anyone had noticed this before, or if
there s a reason the older driver was used. The reason I bring this up is
tht the driver in the 2.4 kernel series does not drive my particular
card. I hope that the readers of this list find this helpful, if you have
any questions please feel free to reply. Thanks.

        -Icabod
         icabod@lump.mine.nu

--
No sooner said than done -- so acts your man of worth.
		-- Quintus Ennius