Re: kernel 2.4.2 network performances

From: Anders Peter Fugmann (afu@fugmann.dhs.org)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 12:29:52 EST

Hi again.

I've written my own test program, and I get 12M throughput.

I used a packet size of 1024 Bytes. Smaller packages seems to result in
less throughput.

There was no load on the machine I tested on. Does the throughput get
better is there is a lot of stress on the machine? (eg. compiling kernel
with -j 10).

It could also be the NIC itself, but this I cannot test (I'm using a
3Com 905b) card. Have you tried to replace the NIC?

--
Hi. I'm a .signature virus.
Please copy me into your .signature file and help me spread.