Re: IBM ServeRAID 4L firmware 4.40.03

From: Pim Zandbergen (P.Zandbergen@macroscoop.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 11:22:03 EST

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:19:05 GMT, Robert Miciovici wrote:

>look what I get on one of the installation log screens:
>
>* Cannot find /tmp/drivers/rhdd-6.1; bad driver disk
>* Cannot find /tmp/drivers/modinfo; bad driver disk
>* Cannot find /tmp/drivers/modules.dep; bad driver disk
>* Cannot find /tmp/drivers/pcitable; bad driver disk

[ ... ]

>What do you say, how should I approach this one?

Are you using the right version of the driver disk and
firmware? It should be 4.50.

You best download the latest ServeRAID Support CD image:
ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/pc_servers/25p2529.iso

You can upgrade your ServeRAID firmware & BIOS by booting
from this CD, and it contains a driver disk floppy image
that supports installing RedHat 7.0. It worked for me.

Supposedly there's a version 4.70 coming soon that will
suppport kernel 2.4. The current 4.50 driver is unstable
on kernel 2.4.