Developing Linux-compatible Ethernet hardware

From: J.D. Bakker (bakker@thorgal.et.tudelft.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 11:15:40 EST

Hi all,

I need a Fast Ethernet chip for an Open Hardware PCI board I'm
working on. Of course said chip has to be available in small
quantities (and not just attached to a NIC), and well supported by
Linux. Other 'nice but not crucial' properties would be:

- Gigabit Ethernet support
- Integrated PHY
- 66MHz PCI compliant
- Multiple ports

As it stands I'm thinking about using the Intel 82559ER (which lacks
Gig Enet and 66MHz PCI), but I'm *very* open to other suggestions.

Thanks,

JD 'linux-hardware-dev@vger anyone ?' B.
[oh, and the board will have 4-way SMP with G4 PowerPCs]

--
LART. 250 MIPS under one Watt. Free hardware design files.
http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/