RE: Linux should better cope with power failure

From: Stephen Gutknecht (linux-kernel) (linux-kernel@i405.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 17:11:16 EST

Otto,

If you are doing development work (or playing with new kernels) and things
like USB failures lock you from keyboard and mouse...

Have you considered telnet into your box from a second machine? Even a 486
system would do this fine... network cards are cheap. You could try to
recover the system or at least do a shutdown.

Maybe there are reason you have ruled this out; just making sure you haven't
overlooked a possible prevention solution.

  Stephen Gutknecht
  Renton, Washington
  http://www.RoundSparrow.com/