Re: floppy programming

From: Alex Baretta (alex@baretta.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 09:25:25 EST

Leandro Bernsmuller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> some body know if exist or is possible to do one
> driver
> to makes floppy drive use some type of "balanced" bits
> distribution?

I don't remember where I saw it, but I'm sure there is a program
which runs on Linux as well as Win32 that improves the data
capacity of floppies by using one of several possible strategies.
If I remember correctly it is capable of reaching close to 2.0 Mb
of useful space. I tried a search on the internet but was unable
to find it.

Before beginning to code, remember to look for what you need. If
it's anything close to reasonable, you have a nine out of ten
chance that someone, somewhere, has already done it for you.

If you actually find it, send me a link to its URL, please.

Alex