Re: Cannot delete dir

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@opensourceadvocate.org)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 20:09:12 EST

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Neal Gieselman wrote:

>Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:42:40 -0600
>From: Neal Gieselman <Neal.Gieselman@Visionics.com>
>To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
>Subject: Cannot delete dir
>
>Excuse me, but can anyone tell me how I might delete a directory on a Redhat
>6.1 ext2 file
>system that has permissions drwS--sr-x? Even as root I cannot unlink the
>directory.

What does "lsattr" say? I'll bet you've had some fs corruption
and some extended attributes are enabled. Also be sure to look
at the attributes of the parent directory as well.

man lsattr
man chattr

    Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Free Software advocate
          This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
  Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.