Re: scsi_scan problem.

From: Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 17:54:07 EST

"Rafael E. Herrera" wrote:

> I applied the first hunk to version 2.4.3-pre4, as by email with Doug.
> The output for the scsi devices follows and is identical with and
> without the patch.

Thank you Rafael. This is what I suspected. I'm not sure when we starting
considering devices with a peripheral qualifier of 1 as being valid, but I
suspect it happened when the scsi_scan.c code was separated out of scsi.c. In
any case, I'm pretty positive that it is the wrong thing to do. This report
at least alleviates one of my fears about broken device possibilities and
starts to confirm my position.

> Maybe someone can explain the meaning of the illegal
> requests at the end. Nevertheless, I can use the drive fine.

As to the illegal request messages, I'm not sure what those are about ;-)

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> http://people.redhat.com/dledford Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before e-mailing me about problems - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/