fork and pthreads

From: Sane_Purushottam@emc.com
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 11:34:04 EST

I am having a strange problem.

I have a big daemon program to which I am trying to add multi-threading.

At the begining, after some sanity check, this program does a double fork to
create a deamon.

After that it listens for the client on the port. Whenever the client
connects, it creates a new thread using
pthread-create.

The problem is, the thread (main thread) calling pthread-create hangs
indefinetely in __sigsuspend. The newly created thread however, runs
normally to completion.

I wrote few test programs trying to simulate this behaviour but all of them
worked as expected.

Does anyone know, what's going on ??

Nitin Sane
sane_purushottam@emc.com