Kernel crash during resync of raid5 on SMP

From: Otto Meier (gf435@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 16:30:39 EST

I run a Dual prozessor SMP system on 2.4.2-ac12 for a while
in degraded mode. Today I put in a new disk to switch to
full raid5 mode. Shortly after the command raidhotadd the
system crashed with the message lost interrupt on cpu1.

This continued after reboot. I finaly managed to get it running again
by booting with kernel parameter maxcpus=1. In this one CPU mode
it finished resycing.

During this process I was never able to resync with two CPU's.

After finishing rescyncing the system run now fine in SMP Dual mode again.

Perhaps there might be an issue with spinlocks during resyncing.

Bye Otto